Monday, July 12, 2010

WTF, Philippines - Part 1


WTF, Philippines?


The first in a series of entries where I present to you some things that have just boggled my mind while here in the Philippines.
  1. StarPops - no friends, no a popsicle or a mistranslation of the term 'popstars,' rather, Philippine Pizza Hut's latest attempt to imitate a child's dream of loading every favorite food onto one plate:
  • i honestly don't know what's worse, the fact that there are 16 hot dogs around this pizza, or that they actually can even comprehend dipping these hot dogs into liquid cheese. WTF.
2. Lady's Choice Sandwich Spread - hearing their sponsorship on the radio didn't really phase me. I thought, simply, that the spread was equivalent to mayonnaise or mustard. Little did I know the true processed goodness of what this "Lady" is "choosing" to "spread." FILIPINO COMMERCIAL TIME!

  • don't let the general cuteness of two mini-rolands fool you in the first 15 seconds. check out 0:19 for the money shot.
  • seriously? i don't even know how to describe what the spread is. processed, liquified ham/chicken/pork? a billboard i saw proudly exclaimed: "NOW WITH REAL ROAST BEEF CHUNKS". thank you lady, your choice of roast beef chunks has thoroughly caused my own chunks of breakfast, lunch, and dinner to rise in my throat. WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment